Friday, May 11, 2007

Web 2.0

I already have a myspace page. So that was nothing new really although I hardly ever use it. Awhile back when all the talk was about who was stalking myspace, be it creepy people or employers, I took down a lot of the information I had up there about myself. I think it's pretty cool that the library has a page. So far I haven't really been an active participant in Web 2.0. I like to lurk as I think I may have mentioned in an earlier post. I see the potential of all this stuff but I never think it pertains to me. I guess I'm too lazy. Like posting to this blog. I have to almost force myself. I'm the same way about sending emails. I'm pretty much a reader and a watcher of the internet, not a doer. I'm getting better. I think this course is helping. Anyway, I checked out all the assigned reading and viewing. I enjoyed the Web 2.0 clip, it was nicely done and a little eerie. I liked the articles about the YouTube guys. They sound really down to earth. I read the entry in wikipedia about lonelygirl15 but didn't look at any of the videos. I saw the Law and Order episode that was "ripped from the headlines" about it, though. The video ninja was so funny. I love the poet Emily Quikenson, she's so dark and violent. And, finally, I went throught the Web 2.0 awards and out of all of it the only thing I came away with (at least at this point. I must take some time and absorb.) is that my house is worth a good amount of money according to zillow.com ( www.zillow.com) and guess-the-google ( grant.robinson.name/projects/guess-the-google) is a lot of fun and I'm not too great at it.

1 comment:

OCLS Learn 2.0 said...

I was in the middle of doing some work on the course when I came across your post. I have no idea who you are, I could look you up, but I don't like to do that. With that in mind, I have to say that I enjoy reading your posts. Your honesty about yourself and what you are doing are insightful to me. I am glad that you are here - Thank you!