Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Grokker and my learning style


At first I was kind of like what's the point of Grokker? But, in looking at it again and with other people I decided that I found the point and at least with me it's the outline. I like that I can filter through all those unnecessary sites and go for the ones important to my search. So if I was searching for Volkswagens and I have a Golf I can just click on the entry that deals with Golfs:
German (4)
Golf (4)
Larger Passat for the Segment (4)
and leave all that other stuff alone. I can also look at all that other stuff in its nicely organized way and see other topics I might be interested in regarding my Volkswagen:
Volkswagens Pictures (11)
World (11)
Online (9)
Photos (8)
Who else in the world like Volkswagens? Lots of people, I know!

Regarding my learning style, I knew I was a kinesthetic learner but I didn't realize I kind of expected other people (everyone?) to be the same way. I came to this realization as I was helping a co-worker subscribe to feeds and thought, wow, not everyone learns the way I do!

And, by the way, as an update to my post about the Bloc Party show I see from their website that they are now playing at the Club at Firestone (not the UCF Arena as first reported by Ticketmaster. Yay!) on the 28th but, the Club at Firestone's site says the 29th. The ongoing saga continues...actually I think they are selling tickets at Park Ave CD's. I'll check there.

2 comments:

Commander Cupcake said...

Bloc Party's MySpace Page lists the show being on the 29th, if that helps.

blix said...

Yes, I know! I saw on their offical site that they had a myspace page (where the info is correct) and I saw that they would be making a special appearance at Park Ave CD's. So cool, although I'm not sure I'd go to that. I always feel like a nerdy geek going to those things. Thanks very much, though!